· Our Services ·
Women's Health Services
Women are complex creatures! Our physical bodies are closely linked to all aspects of our being. The sensitive nature of gynecological care especially requires a respect for the whole person. At Midwife Seattle, we value time spent getting to know our clients prior to performing physical exams. We strive to educate our clients about their bodies and about the most current medical recommendations for screening or treatments. Care is provided in a holistic and gentle manner. If additional services are needed, we refer to a network of high-quality specialists. We believe our approach empowers women to care well for themselves. This, in turn, leads to better health for themselves and for their families.
- Annual exam, including breast exam, pap and HPV screening; referrals for mammograms and bone-density testing
- Screening and treatment of sexually transmitted infections and other vaginal infections
- Contraception counseling and management, including:
- Oral contraceptives ("the pill")
- Diaphragm fittings
- Intrauterine Devices (IUDs), both Paragard and Mirena
- Preconception counseling
- Treatment of breastfeeding issues such as mastitis, low milk supply, sore nipples, etc.
- Evaluation and treatment of mood disorders with referral as needed
- Treatment of menstrual problems
- Treatment of sexual health issues such as painful intercourse, low libido, etc.
- Evaluation and treatment of pelvic floor weakness and incontinence, with pessary fitting as needed
- Management of common health problems in established patients